Books Online Download The Whole Truth (A. Shaw #1) Free
List Books Concering The Whole Truth (A. Shaw #1)
| Original Title: | The Whole Truth |
| ISBN: | 0446195979 (ISBN13: 9780446195973) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | A. Shaw #1 |

David Baldacci
Hardcover | Pages: 406 pages Rating: 4.01 | 29233 Users | 1514 Reviews
Describe Out Of Books The Whole Truth (A. Shaw #1)
| Title | : | The Whole Truth (A. Shaw #1) |
| Author | : | David Baldacci |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 406 pages |
| Published | : | April 22nd 2008 by Grand Central Publishing |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Thriller. Mystery. Suspense. Crime. Mystery Thriller. Action |
Ilustration As Books The Whole Truth (A. Shaw #1)
"Matt, I need a war." So begins David Baldacci's new book--a thriller unlike any he's written before. "Matt" is Mathew Pender, of Pender Associates--a shadowy organization that specializes in managing seemingly impossible situations for its clients. Sometimes, those services extend to managing--and creating--armed conflict. When Matt Pender is asked by his client--the largest defense contractor in the world--to manipulate two nations against each other, a shocking and surprising series of events are set in motion that will possibly bring the world to the brink of World War III.* In this epic thriller with a global backdrop, David Baldacci delivers all the twists and turns, compelling characters, and can't-put-it-down pacing that readers have come to expect from this master storyteller.Rating Out Of Books The Whole Truth (A. Shaw #1)
Ratings: 4.01 From 29233 Users | 1514 ReviewsAssess Out Of Books The Whole Truth (A. Shaw #1)
It's been a while since I've read a Baldacci book, I still have quite a bit of his books to read, but The Whole Truth was enjoyable, I really liked the storyline and the characters, I also found the plot to be well thought out. The main character is only known as Shaw, no first or last name, and he works for a secret group that works to keep the world at peace. I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good spy novel or political thriller.Audiobook - 11:22 hours - Narrator: Ron McClartyOne of David Baldacci's "ok" novels.3.5 stars Review to come.
The Whole Truth is the first underwhelming Baldacci that I have read. The story is disjoint and goes all over the place. The characters are stereotypical. The hero is your typical strong alpha male type and the villain a campy old school james bond type. In fact he even has a sub in his yacht like Karl Stromberg in The Spy Who Loved Me and his nefarious scheme reminded me of Eliot Carver's plan to start a war in Tomorrow Never Dies.Overall, it was unsatisfying and I am pissed off since I have to

The Whole Truth carries the stamp of Baldacci all over it. He recycled some of his plot points from the Camel Club. If Oliver Stone had had a flashback sequence about his distant past, this book, partly, could be just that. This book behaved like the page turner it was. Though it didn't hit the high notes that I've come to expect from the author, it was a pleasure to read. I liked that the platonic distance between Shaw and James was enacted with natural effortlessness. There was something that
As always David Baldacci grab's you from the first sentence and you are hooked. A fast read, and you never know what is going to happen next.. Loved it.
I am continuing reading my David Baldacci stack. This one is listed as the first in the A Shaw series. I may or may not have more in this series. At any rate, this is a startling story. One man, desiring even more money than he already has, attempts to return the world to a cold war status. This way, everybody will arm themselves past necessity and his arms company will profit. He claims that the world was safer back during the cold war than it is now with little rouge states and terrorists
I give this book 3.5 stars and found it an enjoyable read. I liked the Shaw (main) character, though he seemed like every other CIA/FBI/Special OPS character out there. I really liked the premise of the story and the build up to the final confrontation, but I thought the last quarter of the book tried to wrap things up a little to quickly. A few of the plot twists seemed a little too predictable and one of the "discovery" of a "Good Guy" secretly a "Bad Guy" seemed forced and unrealistic. (I

0 Comments