Download Defending Jacob  Free Audio Books
Defending Jacob Hardcover | Pages: 421 pages
Rating: 3.98 | 241500 Users | 19552 Reviews

Mention Appertaining To Books Defending Jacob

Title:Defending Jacob
Author:William Landay
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 421 pages
Published:January 31st 2012 by Delacorte Press
Categories:Fiction. Mystery. Thriller. Crime. Suspense. Mystery Thriller. Audiobook

Commentary Concering Books Defending Jacob

Award-winning author William Landay has written the consummate novel of an embattled family in crisis - a suspenseful, character-driven mystery that is also a spellbinding tale of guilt, betrayal, and the terrifying speed at which our lives can spin out of control. Andy Barber has been an assistant district attorney in his suburban Massachusetts county for more than twenty years. He is respected in his community, tenacious in the courtroom, and happy at home with his wife, Laurie, and son, Jacob. But when a shocking crime shatters their New England town, Andy is blindsided by what happens next: His fourteen-year-old son is charged with the murder of a fellow student.

Define Books To Defending Jacob

Original Title: Defending Jacob
ISBN: 0385344228 (ISBN13: 9780385344227)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Andy Barber, Jacob Barber, Laurie Barber, Ben Rifkin, Dan Rifkin, Jonathan Klein, Neal Logiudice, Father O'Leary, Paul Duffy, Derek Yoo, Leonard Patz
Setting: Massachusetts(United States) Newton, Massachussets(United States)
Literary Awards: Barry Award Nominee for Best Novel (2013), Hammett Prize Nominee (2012), Strand Critics Award for Best Novel (2012), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Mystery & Thriller and for Goodreads Author (2012)

Rating Appertaining To Books Defending Jacob
Ratings: 3.98 From 241500 Users | 19552 Reviews

Judgment Appertaining To Books Defending Jacob
I hated Jacob and would have preferred to rub his cocksure attitude into the sand, knock him over the head with a shovel, and then bury him with said object about six feet under. Hes more emotionless void than passionate Picasso, and he feels absolutely no responsibility for his actions. Thats your typical teenager, at least on the latter, but not having a heart is not exactly what I strive toward every day of my life. And yet I ended up completely immersed in legalese and legal suspense.William

Set in a small town in Massachusetts, Defending Jacob tells the story of fourteen-year-old Jacob Barber, the son of a well-respected Assistant District Attorney, who is accused of murdering a boy in his year at school. Has Jacob been falsely accused or is he, in fact, guilty of murder? Defending Jacob is a well-written, disturbing and gripping crime thriller with plenty of twists and turns throughout the novel to keep you interested. I really enjoyed this book. I was hooked from the very

Defending Jacob was a riveting and very enjoyable thriller one that will send chills up your spine. My second read of this novel as just as compelling and unsettling as the first A son accused of Murder and a family on trial.Andy Barbers job is to put killers behind bars and when a boy from his son Jacob's school is found murdered Andy is under pressure to find his killer and prosecute.When a crucial piece of evidence turns up linking Jacob to the murder the Barbers lives are turned upside down.

"The boy had been stabbed three times in the chest. One strike punctured the heart and would by itself have been fatal. The knife was driven straight in and jerked straight out again, one-two-three, like a bayonet. The weapon had a jagged edge, evidenced by shredding at the left edge of each wound and in the torn shirt fabric. The angle of entry suggested an attacker about...five foot ten or so, although the sloping ground in the park made this projection unreliable. The weapon had not been

This legal thriller was more taut and riveting than any I have read in years. Arriving late to the party in reading this book, I am fortunate to have remained unaware of the ending, which was killer! The scene played out in the supermarket checkout line was sheer perfection - "quivering with hatred like a tuning fork". I could almost feel it, I swear. Excellent work, I recommend it without reservation.

As soon as I got the great news that Apple TV will adapt this book into the limited TV series and cast Americas ass a.k.a Chris Evans as Andy Barber, It and Knives Out s brilliant actor Jaeden Martell as Jacob and they plan to stream it at the mid April. I said: Hell yeah! we got the mind bending, twisty, surprising story we deserved. So I made a fast rereading to remember some intense parts and details of the book. Andy Barber is experienced assistant district attorney of Newton, Massachusetts.

This book went through my newsfeed once, a really long time ago, and ever since then I have been wanting to read it. When I saw it at my library I snatched it up right away. This book did not disappoint!What the book was about:The book is told from the father's point of view, Andy Barber. He was an assistant district attorney that people loved and adored. He and his wife, Laurie, had an amazing relationship and one child, Jacob. Who was a teenager.All of a sudden, there quiet, peaceful city had